Hectic lifestyle, stress may cause a disturbance in the biological clock in many women. Mostly during menopause hormone imbalance is seen. But nowadays it has been quite common to come across among 25 years women also. Women may experience weight gain, PCOS (POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME), fatigue, sleeplessness, thyroid problems. Hormonal evaluation can be done for both male infertility and female infertility.
Through basic hormone tests like:
- Follicular Stimulating Hormone [FSH] – Done on Day 2/ 3 of menses
- Luteinizing Hormone [LH] – Day 2/3 of menses
- Estradiol [E2] – done on Day 2/3 of menses
- Thyroid profile
- Other necessary blood work screening
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone test [produced by granulosa cells. To check the quantity of eggs]
Antral follicle Count – done on Day 2 of menses through a pelvic ultrasound scan. Enables to count small growing follicles called Antral Follicle Count. Indicates to check the ovarian Reserve in women.
These preliminary investigations can completely help to assess the difficulty conceiving for most of the sub-fertile women. Based on the results of all the investigations the right line of treatment is prepared.