Must Know Do’s & Don’ts after IUI procedure, having one’s own children is bliss that every couple thinks of. Some are indeed blessed with this and also have great fertility to give birth to their offspring. However, for some, fertility is no real big issue that does prohibit them from conceiving naturally. Follow the Do’s & Don’ts after IUI
Fortunately, with the focus upon medical advancement, treatment methods have indeed been discovered that can help or assist in conceiving. The two most common assisted conception methods are IUI or Intra-Uterine Insemination as well as IVF treatment in Hyderabad or In-Vitro Fertilization. Know about Do’s & Don’ts after IUI
Do’s and Don’ts after IUI
One has to make sure that the sperm gets deposited which goes inside one’s uterus. The patient is encouraged to lie down for about 20 to 30 minutes. Though one’s cervix almost tends to immediately close after IUI procedure, lying down is quite comforting as well as beneficial for the success if IUI procedure. Below gave clear explaination of Do’s & Don’ts after IUI procedure
- In fact, getting back to usual activities after the IUI procedure on the very same day is not a problem. One can start exercising or even run errands almost immediately, in case one is comfortable with it.
- There is no need for bed rest, travel restrictions or even diet maintenance after IUI procedure. In case one feels like resting or in case one feels uncomfortable after the IUI procedure, one can take rest for few days. Must and shoulf follow the Do’s & Don’ts after IUI
- There is no restriction in having sex right after the IUI treatment in Hyderabad. In fact it will indeed help aid the process and will deliver positive results.
- In case there is bleeding while the process is on then one needs to avoid sex for about 48 hours.
- In case there is pain or even cramping which is felt after the given process, one needs to avoid NSAIDs or pain relievers.
- One must not panic about one’s pregnancy as it does take few and actually wait for about two weeks prior to taking a test. Do’s & Don’ts after IUI , this is so as the implantation of the given embryo takes in fact few days after the ovulation has occurred. Also, the increase in the levels of one’s hormones again does take a few days and only then the hormone levels do change and one will then be able to get proper results.
- In order to assist in the process of implantation of the given embryo, the doctor might, in fact, provide hormonal support. These indeed can be in the form of medicines given orally or to be inserted via the vagina as suppositories.
- One needs to avoid swimming for about 48 hours although there is no evidence of swimming interfering in the IUI procedure.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes Associated with IUI
If you opt for the IUI or IVF process, you need to follow certain dietary and lifestyle changes. Look at Do’s & Don’ts after IUI.
- Eat as much fruit, nuts and leafy vegetables as possible
- Eat fresh and home-cooked food
- Do not eat processed foods
- Do not eat fish with too much mercury
- Eat 6 small meals each day
- Include quinoa, brown rice and other complex carbohydrates in the diet
- Avoid eating hot, spicy foods, foods that cause more indigestion. Do not add anything or asafoetida to the food.
- Fruits to avoid include grapes, papaya and pineapple because they have the ability to break down the endometrial layer and make you bleed. This can lead to miscarriage.
Although there are conflicting views on this, it is best to consult your doctor.
Don’ts after IUI Procedure
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Reduce your tea, coffee or caffeine intake to about 2-3 cups a day or less
- Stay away from any type of radiation and heat
- Avoid sitting on the floor, suddenly leaning forward or backward, or doing anything that puts pressure on your lower abdomen, especially after IVF.
- In case you need to bend over to pick up something on the floor, it is best to bend your knees, get down and take it instead of bending over to the waist.
- Avoid wearing anything over 5 kg in weight. Be sure to hold the object close to your body to make sure you have a good balance and minimize the risk of falling.
- Avoid climbing the stairs too much and too fast.
- Avoid traveling more than 2-3 hours in a row.
- Get enough sleep – it takes at least 8 hours of sleep.
- The period after the embryo transfer is very important. Always have enough rest in bed. Antenatal care is very important at this stage.
Avoiding travel is a great way to reduce the risk of failure of IUI and IVF procedures. At this point, it should be mentioned that if IUI or IVF, you could not have done anything to succeed. No specific diet, alternative therapy, technique or practice could have ensured it. Therefore, you should not blame yourself. However, these tips will certainly help you improve your chances.
It is but obvious that one does need to maintain required precautions after one has undergone IUI procedure. One needs to consult the doctor also in order to ensure that one does have to face any health issues after the IUI procedure has been conducted.