Hectic lifestyle & Stress can cause disturbances in the biological clock for many women. Mostly, during menopause, hormonal imbalance can be visibly seen. But nowadays, it is quite common to come across 25 yrs aged women who could have these symptoms.
But nowadays it has been quite common to come across among 25 years women also. Women may experience weight gain, PCOS (POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME), fatigue, sleeplessness, thyroid problems. Hormonal evaluation can be done for both male infertility and female infertility.
Some of the basic Hormone Tests which are conducted –
- Follicular Stimulating Hormone [FSH] – Done on Day 2/ 3 of menses
- Luteinizing Hormone [LH] – Day 2/3 of menses
- Estradiol [E2] – done on Day 2/3 of menses
- Thyroid profile
- Other necessary blood work screening
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone test [produced by granulosa cells. To check the number of eggs]
Antral follicle Count – done on Day 2 of menses through a pelvic ultrasound scan. Enables to count small growing follicles called Antral Follicle Count. Indicates to check the ovarian reserve in women.
These preliminary investigations can completely help to assess the difficulty conceiving for most of the sub-fertile women. Based on the results of all the investigations the right line of treatment is prepared.