Questions put forward by patients provide a great opportunity for a doctor to put forward details about the treatment that the patient is undergoing. The patient is able to gather requisite information and although he or she is not well versed, doctors are able to answer their questions well and thus remove doubts that they may have about the treatment.
What makes you a good doctor?
This is indeed a question asked by many and patients are always making inquiries to this effect. A good and successful doctor needs to be academically and clinically to be well versed in their subject and be able to convince the patient that he or she is in safe hands.
A good doctor is affable and polite and not judgmental and gets on well with other colleagues. Academically, he or she needs to be well qualified and the patient must feel that he or she is consulting the best. The more questions the patient asks the more competent the doctor has to be in replying to these questions. Clinical is also very essential and he or she must be able to explain to the patient in easily understood language the nuances of clinical examination and treatment. Thus clinical acumen is essential and operative skills need to be of high
Patient safety needs to be ensured and this can be done by answering their questions and clearing their doubts about the treatment that the patient is likely to undergo.
Patient safety is paramount no doubt. Also, one needs to ensure that one backs up the answers with examples from one’s own practice, one’s specialty, or one’s local area.
How would you plan and manage a new service?
- While planning the new service one needs to take into consideration the trust involved both physically as well as financially.
- One needs to minimize waste by using resources efficiently and effectively.
- One needs to be a good listener and take into account different perspectives and also empathize with the patient. One needs to be a good communicator and play a positive role in handling patient affairs.
- One needs to plan out their responsibilities and meet up to the appropriate deadlines. There must be a performance improvement regular monitoring and reporting are essential.
Tips for successful answers
- Be succinct and coherent, and also pause before answering, rather than launching into a rambling and incoherent response.
- Prepare responses of no more than two minutes for common questions. One needs to inquire whether the interviewer would like to expand further.
- Structure the answers so that they are easy to follow.
- Make use of personal experiences as well as examples.
- Avoid modesty. Answer well keeping in mind one’s professional caliber
- When answering, do provide a headline statement in order to allow the interviewers to understand where one was heading.
- For competent questions make use of the situation, task, action, and result (STAR) formula in order to provide a structured as well as coherent answer.
If you want to learn more about infertility treatment in Hyderabad options, contact Ferty9 today which serves many infertility patients.