Ovarian stimulation treatment is meant to ensure successful pregnancy for those finding it difficult to conceive. By opting for fertility treatment in Hyderabad.
IVF treatment is a preferred choice for fertility treatment in India and across the world. IVF has proved to be the most successful method for conception.
IVF treatment includes quite several different stages one of the essential stages of the treatment happens to be the stimulation of the ovaries. The ovaries are of course naturally stimulated for the ovulation cycle by the follicle-stimulating hormone. This hormone is released by the pituitary gland a little before ovulation, and it encourages about 5 follicles to start maturing for ovulation. Of these 5 follicles, only one dominant follicle does mature completely and is ready for fertilization. The other eggs usually do not mature fully and are even lost.
Ovarian stimulation promotes the maturation of the follicles for retrieval and also helps to prepare the uterus as is the process in a normal ovulation cycle. Ovarian stimulation treatment is beneficial for those desiring to have a child.
OVARIAN STIMULATION PROCESS
The ovarian stimulation process needs to be carefully timed to match the regular cycle of the patient’s body. Ovarian stimulation does involve several stages, and each one has to be cautiously monitored to understand how the body is reacting to the medication that is being given. It is also quite important to know the progress of the follicle maturation as well as what is happening so that the medication for the next stage can be indeed given.
Stages of ovarian stimulation:
1. Stimulate the growth of follicles: Anti-estrogen medication is given to encourage the ovarian follicles to grow as well as mature the eggs that are contained within them. The idea behind this stage is to encourage several follicles to start maturing the eggs.
2. Preventing the oocyte release: In the natural ovulation process, the follicles mature, and then the oocyte is released into the fallopian tubes. The release of the oocyte is due to the Luteinising hormone (LH) surge. During IVF ovarian stimulation, a special medication is rather given to the patient to prevent the surge of the LH, which also does ensure that the oocytes are prevented from being released and remain within their follicles. If the oocytes are rather released into the fallopian tubes, they cannot be retrieved for the IVF process.
3. Final maturation: The final maturation stage is indeed closely monitored, and the eggs are retrieved as soon as they are fully matured. This final maturation process does take about 36 hours after the HCG medication has been rather administered. In this stage, the ovarian follicles rupture and this causes the release of the oocyte. As soon as the follicles rupture, the egg retrieval process is rather initiated, so as not to lose any eggs.
The medication for each stage of ovarian stimulation does vary. Ovarian stimulation is indeed an important part of IVF treatment.
SYMPTOMS OF OHSS
There are several symptoms of OHSS that most women experience. OHSS symptoms do not last long and need to be over in about a week or so if the person does not conceive. If the symptoms persist, then a person needs to visit the doctor.
Some of the common symptoms of OHSS are:
- Bloated feeling in one’s abdomen
- Pain or cramping feeling in the lower abdominal area
Other symptoms of OHSS are:
- Difficulty breathing
- Reduced urination
- Sudden weight gain in a few days
- Severe abdominal pain
Fertility treatment in Hyderabad is worth trying out.